At HeroCoders, we help people get the most out of Jira by creating great apps for everyday tasks. We make tools for software and business teams that are used by over 20 000 companies . We have a few hundred thousand active users and 100% annual growth. While we are proud of those accomplishments, much remains to be done. We are looking for dedicated individuals to help build new features and products.
We solve complex problems and do serious engineering, but not rocket science. If you want to work at SpaceX, NASA, or design HAL 9000 AI, you should look elsewhere.
You’re a software developer with over five years of professional, full-time experience. You’ve spent at least three of those years working with React or Node/Rails. You write easy-to-maintain software while keeping in mind upcoming features.
You’re a perfect match if:
- You know technologies we use.
- You want to know how customers use products and features that you create.
- You’re self-sufficient.
- You research solutions to problems.
- You implement and test your ideas to ensure they are working in the real world.
- You suggest Jira APIs we can use, find/share solutions on Atlassian forums, and report bugs to Atlassian.
- You update technical documentation.
- You work as part of a team helping others solve problems, pitching in on code reviews and support and asking for help when needed.
- You have sufficient English to talk with a client on a call, communicate with team members and update written documents.
We run our apps on Heroku. We use:
- NodeJS with Express
- Jetbrains IDEs (Rubmine, Webstorm)
- Heroku, NewRelic/Datadog, PagerDuty, Sentry, CircleCI, etc.
- Atlassian tools, Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket